Saturday 21 November 2015

Back on track



This is actually the first page of a new sketchbook I'll be using on my saturday morning sessions.

I've not ever worked on any of the Stillman & Birn sketchbooks, but the paper feels nice and stiff. It seems thick enough for watercolor and the ink of the pigment liners I use doesn't bleed. (Faber Castell PITT artist and Staedtler)

However, I used W5, W3 and W1 Copic Sketch markers for the decoration of the big S, and it does bleed through the other side of the page a bit.That is quite disappointing to be honest, but what do I know about paper. Maybe this is to be expected when using this cold pressed watercolor paper.  I'd like to know if there are sketchbooks available somewhere of which the paper doesn't bleed through when using copic markers.If you have thoughts on this, please share them? I'd really appreciate that.

What I also noticed is that the first 2 pages have a linear mark in them, as if the paper has been bent when being bound. It's not that big of a deal, but for a sketchbook that costs double the price of a Moleskin, I'd dare to expect exceptional quality. First impressions are important.

Anyway...
There is something special about starting a new sketchbook. It always put's me in a somewhat dreamy mood. As if subconciously, I'm already wishing it was full, because it would mean the experiences represented by each page have been lived.  A new sketchbook makes me hungry, curious to what will come, and eager to live. Rock on!


No comments:

Post a Comment