Sunday 4 October 2015

Now sketch!

This is the kind of sketchbook I take with me to create thumbnail sketches when painting a model from life, or when I'm painting outside. Thumbnail sketches are a great, quick way to help me when I'm not absolutely sure about the composition I want for a painting.

So I bought this little can of gold model building paint from Revell. I used to have those paints as a kid as I was quite fond of model building so this brings back some great memories. The paint is enamel paint, which is quickly dry to the touch, and it's great to give objects a glossy look. The downside is that you have to apply it in pretty thick layers, and one layer may not be enough.

I gave this sketchbook 2 layers.
It looks great, don't you think?



See the yellow ochre stains? I'm really a painter! I had some great fun with this as it's combining painting with lettering! 

No comments:

Post a Comment