Wednesday 21 October 2015

Perseverance is mandatory

I've been drawing and painting for over 10 years now and while I am quite confident at the easel, I am still fully aware of the fact that being an artist is lifetime commitment. Some of the work I do turns out really well, other things seem like a disaster. Over the years, I've overcome the urge to bring myself down whenever I see errors or flaws. They are just lessons to be learned and things to remember the next time I resolve similar problems. Mastery doesn't come over night. It takes years and years of practice.

In other fields like design and lettering, it's no different. I'm fairly new at lettering so there's a long path to be followed towards mastery. Here's a drawing to remind myself. I'm putting this in a category called artists advice, because it is mainly advice I try to give the artist in me, while other artists may find it useful too.


(Click the image for a large view)

No comments:

Post a Comment